Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Renata's Rib Fest is ON!


The vegan has left the building.
Renata's Rib Fest is ON!
 When ribs go on sale, snatch them up and I will show you this super easy recipe. 

 Lick, nibble, chew, suck, chomp, repeat. Slurp!


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1-2 large packages of pork ribs
  • 1-2 bottles or so of your favorite BBQ sauce (I use Weber now because it does not contain HFCS, but Sweet Baby Ray's was used in this photo)
  • 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper

COOK:

Put raw ribs into large pot and fill water to just cover ribs.  


Sprinkle a teaspoon of garlic powder, a teaspoon of salt, a little pepper, turn on heat and simmer for an hour. 


Pull cooked ribs out of water and put into large roasting pan.  

Cover with your favorite BBQsauce (I use Weber which has no high fructose corn syrup but have used Sweet Baby Rays/Open Pit in the past).

Cook in the oven at 325F for about 90 minutes.  Move pan under broiler and broil on high for about 5-10 minutes until ribs look gooey, dark and finger licking sticky. 
Serve with or without utensils, depending on how you like to eat your ribs!


STORY:


My vegan goddess and first born baby flies the nest tomorrow to enroll at U of I. Once I am done shedding my tears, it's time to fill the void with a few of my favorite things that I have been putting on the back burner (literally in this case!) for a long time.  Yes, I realize most people would not think cooking meat was considered a hobby, but what can I say? I was born to cook!

SO! The next couple of months will follow with my return to the world of cooking more meat. Yes, I still have one vegetarian at home, my youngest daughter Olivia.  But she is so tiny that I can get her protein needs nicely met quite easily.  Then it is on to the meatfest for my son Lucas, my husband Peter and me!

Next week my friend is coming here to prepare smothered turkey wings for me.  It's all I can think of ever since we got off the phone.  In the meantime, I want to share this super easy  recipe for BBQ ribs.  Yes, you can certainly put them on the BBQ instead of the oven but I have never done it that way.  If you have, please let me know!  I love to learn new things and it takes a village to raise a great home chef.


Dedicated to my vegan goddess,  Sophie Gough, who I will dearly miss eating at the kitchen counter



No comments:

Post a Comment