Popular Posts

Monday, July 7, 2014

Chef Mitch's gypsy tacos..they're going loco for local in Door County

Chef Mitch's gypsy tacos...they're going loco for local

Chef Mitch's  Gypsy Tacos at the Jacksonport Farmer's Market
in Door County
chefmitchdc@mail.com


People in Door County are loco for local. And why shouldn't they be? This is Wisconsin, where farming is a passion.  

I came across Chef Mitch's "Gypsy Tacos" one Monday morning at the Jacksonport Farmers Market. Chef Mitch reminded me a little of the character in the movie "Chef" starring Jon Favreau.  

"I only use organic pork from Waseda Farms," Chef Mitch told me, as he prepared  my taco with a squeeze of his homemade goats cheese whip, which was incredible.  

It  seems Waseda Farms is THE place to buy organic meat in Door County and beyond.  I will be ordering some meat from them as soon as I can.



Chef Mitch also piled a cup full of his home made slaw, topped with toasted pumpkin seeds and mixed with rocket leaves, fresh chopped jalapeno and a squeeze of lime.

Visit Chef Mitch's Facebook page to find out where he will be next time you are in Door County.  You are in for a treat!

Visit Chef Mitch's Facebook page for great photos of his gypsy tacos and so much more!




Some people travel with a Big Gulp. Renata travels with Chef Mitch's Homemade Slaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment