Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Absolutely Passionate Skinny Girlfriend Bliss

Absolutely Passionate Skinny Girlfriend Bliss

Cute crimson 80 calorie cocktails for two







I recently had a glass of iced tea at Wok'n Fire in Elmhurst and was blown away by how fruity it was, without being too sweet. The waiter said they brew regular iced tea, then add fruit puree. I was intrigued, and naturally began to hatch a plan for how I could add alcohol, subtract calories, and become a super fruity cocktail hero without too much effort.

Glancing at recipes online, there were ways to make puree, and none of them sounded simple. I mean, if I was relaxed enough to spend 30 minutes in the kitchen, I wouldn't want a cocktail, right? Even simple syrup sounded too much time for me and my BFF.  Then, like a thunderbolt, it hit me. I know what's simple..a cup of tea!

If there is one thing living in England taught me, it's to never underestimate the value of a hot cup of tea. I tip my hat to the UK and give you my beloved new cocktail...the Absolutely Passionate Skinny Girlfriend Bliss.

Why pay a lot of money for someone else's version of a skinny girl drink when you can whip up your own at home and elevate the recipe by using Tazo Passsion tea, Absolut Vodka* a teaspoon of organic sugar, and pouring it all over ice--twice.  Grab a slice of lemon, lime for the garnish, or dip into that bag of frozen berries you keep for smoothies for the kids and toss a couple on top. They will melt by the time you finish your drink and you can eat them for dessert.

80 Calories a drink?  Grab your girlfriend, kick the kids out of the house and kick up your heels! My jeans may actually fit in the morning.

Skinny Slurp!
  • pour boiling water onto Tazo Passion Tea bag in a cup
  • add 2 tsp sugar and stir
  • heap your cutest glass with ice and pour a measure of vodka on top (gin is lovely too)
  • ladle tea on top of your ice
  • (adjusting when it is full to take a few cubes of ice out, add a little more tea if necessary)
  • Top with a couple of cute berries and repeat for your cute BFF

*Absolut vodka is GMO free because it is made in Sweden which is a GMO-free zone




No comments:

Post a Comment